The construction dates back to the 10th-11th century. On the right side of the facade, there was a window with a brick frame which is now covered.
The original structure of the building, created with Byzantine artistic and religious style, included three aisle (divided by arches) and three semicircular apses.
Currently, only the central aisle and the end of the right aisle are visible. The central aisle is divided into four bays by transverse round arches made of bricks. The original barrel vault ceiling has been replaced with a wooden beam covering.
Above the door leading to the sacristy, an inscription recalls the restoration works carried out in the building between 1923 and 1929 by the initiative of Bishop Saturnino Peri and Canon Oliviero Angioni.